[bksvol-discuss] Re: A Helpful Microsoft Office Resource

  • From: Denise Thompson <deniset@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 00:47:55 -0800

I actually bought a little classic menu program that came out shortly after 2007 came out that you can load of your computer and it changes the ribbon back into the traditional menu choices. Actually they're all there. the ribbon, but there's a choice that has a sub-menu and it's the traditional choices. I think it was maybe $20. It's been so long I don't know if it's still around or not. If anyone is interested I'll look around and see if it's still out there.

Denise

At 05:58 PM 1/24/2010, you wrote:
I've bought from Royal, and they were generally good to work with, but I have had problems off and on with them sending what I paid for. However, one word of caution. Royal is selling OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) copies of Office at this price. Microsoft told us flat out it was illegal for Royal to do so. Royal disagrees. Me, I chose to not get in the middle and bought a full retail copy of the Pro version. For what it's worth. Smile.

Judy s.

Monica Willyard wrote:
Hi everyone. If anyone here needs to upgrade from an old Microsoft Office and is dreading being forced to use the ribbons in Microsoft Office 2007, I have found a place that is still selling new, legal copies of Office 2003. I found it because I need to buy my own version of Office for our work PC and was determined to escape the ribbon of doom. The prices range from $132 for Basic up to $288 for the full retail Standard version. They have the Pro version too, but I didn't check the prices on that.

The site is http://www.royaldiscount.com/item/Microsoft_Office_2003_Standard_OEM/1137 If you don't like shopping on new sites, Amazon does have some copies of Pro for sale on their site as well. They do cost more though, around $499 for the full version and $399 for an upgrade from older versions of Office.

Monica Willyard
Check out my books and accessible book lists on Goodreads at
http://www.goodreads.com/profile/plumlipstick