[bksvol-discuss] Re: A Breath of Cold and Ashes

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:30:18 -0800 (PST)

Good points. I may be wrong, but I don't think the
admdinistrators who approve books after they've been
validated do anything more than check for appropriate
copyright info or that the book isn't a duplicate. I
don't even think, based on some previous posts, that
they even check to see if all the pages are there.
They expect the validator to do that.

But if the validator doesn't read the file and only
does a spell-check and checks to see if hard page
breaks are there, then the end-of-line breaks that
create huge spaces in the middle of sentences and in
some cases create sentences with only one word or a
half a word, like the book I'm validating now,
wouldn't show up as errors. The book I'm doing now has
no scannos--everything is perfectly spelled--but
because of those arrows at the ends of lines sometimes
there are only three widely spaced words in a
sentence, sometimes only two, and sometimes only half
a word. The rest of the time the words in the sentence
are very widely spaced. It's annoying to me with
vision to read; I don't know what it would woulnd like
in Daisy or how it would be to read in Braille.

Cindy