[bksvol-discuss] Re: A Breath of Cold and Ashes

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:30:53 -0600

I only use the ^$^p approach to find a few instances where a letter occurs
at  the end of a paragraph, and I just go ahead and fix those by hand since
replacing the ^$ will replace the last letter on the line, and I don't know
that Word is smart enough to keep up with what it finds and allow you to
specify what it finds in the Replace With field.  Also, there are legitimate
instances where this occurs, and not fixing the problem by hand could cause
as many problems as it fixes.  For example, books often have letters or
notes which contain a closing that ends in a character's name.  Just like
this e-mail ends with my first name.

If this tip hasn't already been added to Jake's site, then we ought to add
it.  I'll look back through my messages for the one I sent out on how to fix
the problem using Word and Kelly's message on how to tackle it with K-1000.

Guess it's about time I took another look at what tips are on Jake's site
since I had these in a list of tips to add to it.

I'll get back to you about this later.

BTW, I tried calling Bookshare late today, but didn't get ahold of Janice or
Gustavo.  Janice may not be back in the office yet because her voice mail
message still talks about her being out until the 27th.

I'll try calling again tomorrow.

Gerald