[bksvol-discuss] A Book wish: Complete Sherlock Holmes

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 21:07:49 -0500

Hi everyone,

This is one of my favorite books, and I have it on cassette right now from
NLS, but want to have an accessible copy,  I have scanned it, but have tried
twice, and it doesn't scan the best, is legible, but... it cuts off a
letter, say in the middle of the line.

It isn't my scanner, but rather the book, as my other books don't have this
issue.

I was wondering, if someone would scan it for me, or take my copy and fix
it.

It is a great series, highly recommended and is the complete works of Arthur
Connan Doyle and his character Sherlock holmes, in one volume, plus a couple
of never before printed stories, or so the book jacket says.

The book I have would be classed now as "good some errors" by the new
standards most of us have, in the old days it would be considered excellent,
as well it is relatively legible, minus the one letter, sometimes my mind
mentally puts in what it should be.

Anyway, if there is anyone willing to work on it I can submit my copy.  But
it is a favorite book of mine, one I have read more than once would a great
favor to me.

Cam sit and wait, smile, if there isn't time for it, smile.

As it is no rush, or anything.

The edition I have is the 2002 edition, but frankly it doesn't look as if it
changed, the others are from 1930.

Will be happy to repay the favor, smile if I can one way or another, but it
is a favorite book of mine.

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx