[bksvol-discuss] A Book I thought Some One would Like

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 19:11:38 -0800

Blindsided
According to a 2008 U.S. Census Bureau report, 6.2 percent of the United States
population between ages five and 15 has some kind of disability, 1.1 percent
specifically with a sight or hearing impairment. The teen character in this
book learns to cope with her blindness and finds new courage along the way.

CUMMINGS, Priscilla. Blindsided. Dutton. 2010. Tr $16.99. ISBN
978-0-525-42161-0. Gr 6-10-

Natalie's congenital eye disease continues to progress, and now at 14 years old
she is told to prepare for going completely blind. After spending time at a
school for the blind to learn how to use a cane and read Braille, she has the
tools but not the confidence to go back into the world. A strange turn of
events at her family's farm proves to Natalie that she has the skills and
courage to not only survive, but to thrive.

Click this link to purchase Blindsided from
Amazon.com.http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/102-2665870-1805761?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Priscilla+Cummings&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

--
"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you forever.
It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be sophisticated, but when you
get the two of them together in a way people can relate to, then I think you're
on to something. You want the sophistication to lie in the purity of the sound,
the beauty of the arrangements, and the quality of the performances."-Trumpeter
Chris Botti
--
Chela Robles
AIM/Twitter/MySpace/E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx