[bksvol-discuss] A Big Update For Bookshare

  • From: "John Glass" <John.G@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 16:00:08 -0700

Hi everyone,

Our engineers have been very busy working on making updates to the web site,
and we have released them this afternoon.  Here is a summary of what we have
done:

Logging in is now easier, the email and password edit boxes are near the top of
the page, and you no longer have to select a log in link to get to them.

If you search for a book while not logged in, you are taken back to the book's
information page when you do log in.

A large number of updates were made to simplify and help schools and group
accounts with the sign up process.

You now have the ability to search for public domain titles only, copyrighted
titles only, or all on the advanced search page.

Also on the advanced search page, you can now sort by copyright date.

For books with multiple authors, the authors are now displayed in the order
they were entered by the submitter.

We added Marrisa's list functionality to the volunteer home page, its called
"lists of books in process."  The link is:
https://www.bookshare.org/web/VolunteerBooksList.html

On the step 1 download page, we fixed the list of books presented to volunteers
for download to be sorted in descending order by last modified date.

The site administrator  can now send either the originally submitted book, or
the volunteer validated copy back to the step 1 page when questions arise.

Category check boxes were fixed to read in alphabetical order with screen
readers.

The Bookshare system now accepts 13 digit ISBN numbers.

We hope that you enjoy all of these updates!

John Glass
Customer Support Manager, Bookshare

Benetech
480 S. California Ave., Suite 201