[bksvol-discuss] Re: 80,000 Thanks for the stirling stat

  • From: "Sue Stevens" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 12:29:28 -0600

Will do, Scott!  (smile)

Sue S.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Rains" <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2011 9:11 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: 80,000 Thanks for the stirling stat

Tell him thanks from me!

I am sure there are many many more quiet heroes out there for us to hear about.

Something I am noticing is that a few volunteers reach into their own pockets to ship books from their personal libraries to other volunteers for scanning. Unfortunately Bookshare is not able to help with that and so those sorts of expenses become another unrecognized good work by all of you. If anyone knows someone who would find it satisfying to underwrite the cost of shipping quantities of books have them contact me. I can broker an introduction. The donor should know that the support of an individual volunteer is on the order of what Sue reported -- deeply appreciated but not tax deductible as a donation to a non-profit is.

Scott Rains