[bksvol-discuss] Re: 600 submissions!

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 09:55:52 -0500

I am currently unemployed, single and only have the dog to take care of.
Smile.  Plus I find scanning actually quite quick and fun.

I do have a system.

1. Scan the book using Kurzweil and my Epson.
2. Save book to my Braillenote's Compact Flash card.
3. Sit down and read the book on the Braillenote.

I sometimes scan books and don't get to them for a couple of months, other
times I scan them, edit them and they are available the next week just
depends on what I am willing to work on.  Am in a children's book kick right
now as they are fast and quick and not as involved in editing as the World
of Animals, the Encyclopedia of Crafts for the First time, or the New
sailing Manual, all waiting to be edited, smile.

It is just a chance for me to have a mixed taste.

And it gives me something to do with my time.  That is productive.  While I
hunt for a job, smile.  SSI is not fun to live off of.

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI
and Judson, guiding golden
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.