[bksvol-discuss] Re: 600 submissions!

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 00:23:49 -0500

Cindy, you've ruined my illusion that both Dr. Cross and Carrie have a fleet of elves who secretly chop and scan pages in exchange for Godiva chocolate truffles. :D Seriously, I didn't realize how much of her time Carrie spends serving as a volunteer for Bookshare. She's worked on so many books that I've enjoyed reading, and we're blessed to have her around. Some of Dr. Cross's books are over a thousand pages, and I'm boggled at the thought of scanning those huge books and prevalidating them as he obviously does. All I can say about either of them is "wow!" And thanks for making the Bookshare collection so varied and interesting.

Monica Willyard

At 03:10 PM 11/30/2006, you wrote:
And the number of years you've been doing it, plus you
validate from home, too, don't you, as well scan from
the office. You put in double-time as a volunteer,
which is why you were a Volunteer of the Year, back
when they had them. smile

How are things going with your new boyfriend? OR are
you afraid you might junx things if you tell us? (I am
a bit superstitious)