[bksvol-discuss] Re: 2008 Goals: Board and Card Games

  • From: "Lora" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 07:19:57 -0700

Hi, Jamie,

Yes, there are several books I have in mind.  I'll start with the Scrabble
ones.  The dictionary would just be a huge effort, I'd imagine, but not
impossible.  The trouble would be with the strategy books, for Scrabble and
many other games.  How do you describe the various pictures?  And it would
be a labor of love to do it.  That's why I've stalled on these so far; I'd
definitely need a sighted scanner/validator with a love for these kinds of
things . If anyone were willing, I'd be more than happy to purchase books
and send them to that brave soul. :-)

A few Scrabble titles are below, and a few others as well:

The Official Scrabble Players Dictionary
 by Merriam-Webster (Hardcover - Jun 15, 2005)

Everything Scrabble
 by Joe Edley and John D. Williams Jr. (Paperback - Nov 1, 2001)

Beginning Backgammon: Strategy and Tactics for Winning Play
 by J. du C. Vere Molyneux (Paperback - May 1, 2002)

501 Essential Backgammon Problems: 2nd Edition
 by Bill Robertie (Paperback - Sep 14, 2004)

Winning Pinochle Strategies
 by Anthony Collins (Paperback - Nov 5, 2001)

Pinochle Is the Name of the Game
 by Walter Gibson (Paperback - Sep 1975)

The New York Times Crossword Puzzle Dictionary (Puzzle Reference)
 by Tom Pulliam and Clare Grundman (Mass Market Paperback - Jan 19, 1999)
(There may be one more recent than this, but I'm not sure)

The New York Times Ultimate Crossword Omnibus: 1,001 Puzzles from The New
York Times
 by The New York Times, Will Shortz, and The New York Times (Paperback - May
16, 2003)

  _____