[bksvol-discuss] 2 pet grief books to have scanned

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 21:07:49 -0400

Dear Volunteers,

I wrote this last night but don't think it arrived to the list so I'm trying
again.

I hope this goes to the volunteer list, but I'd like it to go to the discuss
list as well. My address book doesn't seem to know the difference and only
has one address for a bookshare list though I'm on both. I'd appreciate it
anyone can forward this post to which ever list it hasn't gone to.

With dust covered hands, I've just come upstairs after searching for the 2
print books I have about grieving for a pet. Again, if anyone will bump them
to the top of their to scan list, I'll mail on Thursday.
they are:
Goodbye, Friend Healing Wisdom for Anyone Who Has Ever Lost a Pet
-sounds like the one in the collection but is different,
by Gary Kowalski author of, "The  Souls of Animals
159 pages plus pre and post text material
It concerns all pets including cats, dogs, rabbits and even little rodents,
like mice or a gerbil, I can't really tell by the picture. The book includes
beautiful poetry and I feel is heartfelt. The pictures are full page with no
captions so they are easy to skip and the text is straightforward for scanning
and there aren't any fancy fonts. The only complication might be that the poems
are indented.
some of the back cover says,
For pet lovers, the loss of a cherished pet ranks almost as high as the loss of
a close family member in terms of grief experienced. Kowalski takes you on a
journey of healing  offering warmth, guidance, and practical advice on how to
deal with death by honoring your animal companion's life. A superb and
comforting book for both adults and children.
one of the comments says, Uplifting, comforting, spiritual. If you have an
elderly or ailing animal companion, please read this book.

A personal comment from me is that, for me, the loss of a pet is as painful as
the loss of a beloved person, but these feelings really can't be ranked.

Second book,

The Rainbow Bridge
A must read for anyone who has ever lost a beloved pet. Will we see them again?
By Paul C. Dahm
author of, "Riel and Tillie," a poignant love story of two Maxima Canada Geese
and considered by many to be a classic protest against hunting.
Edited by the poet Carolyn Logan
151 pages
Oversized paperback
indented, double spaced poems
no pictures

Both books like new on good, unyellowed, paper

contact,

airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Always with love,
Lissi