[bksvol-discuss] Re: 2 books have disappeared

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 07:04:35 -0700 (PDT)

Sometimes when the 'Awaiting Approval' queue gets long, an admin will go into
an approving frenzy, and approve dozens of books at one time.  Rather than put
all of them onto the 'Last 100 Approved Books' in one day, the admin will
dribble them onto the 'Last 100 Books' over several days. Claire once put over
100 books onto the list in one day, and I pointed out to her that people
couldn't see some of the books, so she didn't do that again.  Now of course
there's a new system which eliminates this problem entirely.

  The reason Claire set the 'Awaiting Publication' queue up last week is that
she's on vacation this week.  She'll be back next Monday.

  Carrie

siss52 <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Why would an admin do that, Carrie?  I thought the purpose of the books in
processing was so that everyone would know where the books are.  Now, for
instance, after Claire approves a book, someone who hasn't seen it in
processing could scan it, thus wastiing his/her time.

  Sue S.

  ----- Original Message -----   From: Carrie Karnos