[bksvol-discuss] Re: 2 ISBN numbers in one book

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 17:17:32 -0700

Thanks Gerald, I'll check it out and see how many digits each one has and if I can't figure it out I will just leave it blank.

BudAt 05:09 PM 10/2/2006, you wrote:

Bud,

If one is a 10 digit and the other is a 13 digit, then use the 10 digit
ISBN.  Bookshare hasn't notified us yet that they support 13 digit ISBNs.

If that's not the case, then you'll probably have to decide on your own
based on the type of book you scanned.  For example, if the book contains
one for a hardback and one for a paperback, then choose the one associated
with the type of book you scanned.  Also, if the book contains one for a
regular edition and a limited edition, then you'll have to decide on which
you think you have.  I doubt it's the limited edition, though.

If you still aren't sure which to use, then copy and paste the ISBNs into
another message and tell us what type of book you scanned, and someone will
be glad to help, and if we can't, then you can just choose to leave it blank
since an ISBN isn't required.

HTH

Gerald

-----Original Message----- From: bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bud Schwab Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 6:36 PM To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [bksvol-discuss] 2 ISBN numbers in one book

Hi Gang,

I am scanning a book right now and it seems to have two
ISBN  numbers.  How do I know which one to use?
Thanks.

Bud Schwab W 6 Z Y P Malibu, California

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P