[bksvol-discuss] Re: 1 for I

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 23:26:44 -0800 (PST)

Yes, I've found it to be a common scanno--and one that
can be missed even when one with sight reads the
books. When I find it once, I do a find and replace,
replacing, one at a time, space 1 space with space I
space. I do it carefully, though, one replacement at a
time rather than a global replace, in case the number
is supposed to be there, which happens rarely, but
still. And if, as in the book I'm doing now, the 1 is
instead of the I in a set of capital letters (acronym
for an organiztion) I find and replace that, too.

Cindy