[bks-img-desc] Re: You Did It - Thank You!

  • From: psico.eliane@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bks-img-desc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 20:38:41 -0200

Dr. Scott,

parabéns!
Esse é o melhor exemplo de um profissional competente e de resultados.
Um beijo
Eliane Lemos

Em 28/12/2011 19:10, Scott Rains < scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx > escreveu:
Image Description Volunteers,
I promised I would let you know when you reached your goal. You did.
You exceeded the 12 month goal by 25% and did it in only 3 months by submitting the 5,021st image description a few minutes ago.
And I see some of you still hard at work adding more even as I write.
Several of you have written to me offline sending kudos and offering recommendation letters like the following quotes below. In the end, the very best send-off you have given me is your sustained hard work.
Thank you.
Scott

“Scott is certainly one of the finest volunteer managers I have yet met in my volunteer service. He is fair, generous, understanding, and knowledgeable enough about the various publishers and intricacies of the technology we deal with at Bookshare that I feel confident to ask him anything about any problem that coming up in the processes we are engaged in. He has a great sense of humor and is highly committed to his work. I am glad to be associated with him in every regard.”

~ J.T.

"Dr. Scott Rains is a man who can really get it done. Please let me tell you what he's done with BKS. When Scott first joined BKS, there had been a major overhaul of volunteer duties, resulting in what I would call a monumental redirecting of actual work left for what was and has remained a very large group of volunteers. This caused the volunteers, myself included, to becomedefensive, possessive, and a bit lost. Scott showed us, taught us, helped us to become more productive in entirely new ways. This has turned out to be a win-win situation for the company and for its volunteers. We learned how to create our own work, we learned how to form teams, lots of teams, to work together on larger projects than we had been doing previously. And Scott introduce d us to a whole new system, a whole new application, something that just couldn't be further from what we were doing before…

~ Y.U.
From: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 07:10:26 -0800
To: Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: To an Extraordinary Group of Volunteers - Thank You!
Bookshare Volunteers,
This is the year-end final countdown.
Official results will come from Fred and Alisa in 2012 but Bookshare scanners and proofers have submitted a remarkable number of books this year. With a late start in October (because that's when the tool was ready) image describers have also achieved an amazing number. At this moment you are less than 100 image descriptions away from your stretch goal. My guess is that at this pace you will get there before New Year's Day.
A few people have taken up my invitation to write to me with technical issues or questions on how to describe. They are now out there contributing too. Feel free to write me up until New Year's Eve to get help:
Scott Rains
Benetech Fellow
For help with image description guidelines: https://diagram-center.herokuapp.com/help/DescriptionGuidance.html To manage your subscription go to: //www.freelists.org/list/bks-img-desc. You can also unsubscribe by sending email to bks-img-desc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with “unsubscribe” in the Subject.