[bks-img-desc] Re: Science Textbooks: Request for Image Describers

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bks-img-desc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 20:44:45 -0800

Hi Scott,

I tried going to the link to the weekend book but it slowed down my whole computer--not just the web browser, everything. So I didn't get anything done on that. Boy am I glad others had better luck.

Today I tried one of the science books and that is working better. The browser is still slow, but workable and the rest of my computer isn't affected (at least I can send you this email while the book page is still open). I've been using Firefox on Windows XP. I'll try another browser tomorrow and see if anything works better.

Misha

On 11/14/2011 5:30 PM, Scott Rains wrote:
Folks,

Over the weekend you were generous and remarkably productive adding image descriptions using our online tool at https://diagram.herokuapp.com/.

Thank you! We are almost done with "Adventures" (89.3% complete) I think you will have it done shortly. Amazing!

We have another set of books that are priority. Several of you have particular aptitude for some of the science books that are needing image description. Can you help?

Attached is a list. Feel free to peruse them and pick a place to jump in! Contact me with questions: scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Scott Rains
Bookshare