[biztech-discussion] Re: Some interesting articles from the other side

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <biztech-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 13:19:37 -0700

From: "Mike Bradley" <mbradley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I think the core of all this is that there are no large US
> corporations any more. They became transnational corporations, and
> nations, national borders,  national interests, and so on, are
> irrelevant to them. And since they dominate our politics, esp. in
> D.C., national interests are increasingly irrelevant to our political
> process.

Agreed. Robert Reich points this out in his books. There are no "American"
large corps.
They're transnational and have their own interests. There is no "American
economy". It's all
one interwoven, interdependant global economy now.

That's another reason why the neocon economists are wrong. They promise
offshoring will
improve the American economy, when in fact, there is no "American" economy. The
money will
flow to where the costs are cheapest.

A friend, who is Indian, is very reluctant to return to India. He's here as an
engineer on a
H-1B. He likes living in California. He says he can earn $35-40K in India,
which is a
phenomenal salary there, but... he'd have to live in India.