[biztech-discussion] Re: Some interesting articles from the other side

  • From: "Samantha Clark" <sclark.abq@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <biztech-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 06:38:12 -0600

Thanks Emily.

The article is rather amusing. The author claims that free trade and
Reaganomics HAVE WORKED, but the intelligentsia of economics have never
bothered to stop and explain why it worked to the rest of us too stupid to
understand economic theory. If we weren't so dumb, we'd see just how
brilliant our free market economists really are. But apparently they spend
too much time solving the problems of the world to give the unwashed masses
the explanations we so sorely lack.

One of the best American economists to read is Dean Baker. While not
technically an economist, but rather just a former Wall Streeter, Doug
Henwood always provides thoughtful analysis.