[biztech-discussion] Re: Prioritization - Bogeyman Article

  • From: MzWord@xxxxxxx
  • To: biztech-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 14:22:10 -0400

Indeed, it appears to be a great victory for SBC workers/CWA....to see SBC
rehire workers whose jobs have been offshored. This should become the new wave,
and, unless there are hidden costs to the workers or SBC customers we don't
know about, we should celebrate the workers' victory.

I don't know how many people are on this list. Maybe not enough, maybe that's
why there isn't more active discussion.
Also, I haven't heard what is being planned by Kenya and Al....

The May/June issue of "Foreign Affairs" features this disappointing take on
offshoring: "The Outsourcing Bogeyman" by Daniel Berger. The article does round
up all the known facts and projections and policy wonks' opinions on offshoring
in one place, though. I suggest everyone involved in the issue read it.

www.foreignaffairs.org

Lisa