[biztech-discussion] Offshoring -- Privacy Issues

  • From: Nancy Mulvany <nmulvany@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: biztech-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 05:06:05 -0700

Hi Folks,
Anna and I have been working on the privacy issue portion of the offshoring
campaign. I have gathered more "evidence" of potential privacy problems --
it is not a pretty picture.

However, we no longer feel that this particular issue deserves to
standalone with a white paper, FAQ, etc. Personally I am very concerned,
alarmed, and discouraged by the amount of personal information that is sent
outside the United States to countries that are beyond the legal reach of
our privacy protection laws. However, I do not see this as a "writer's issue."

I think it may make more sense to fold some of the material I have gathered
in Bruce Hartford's drafts for the "Stop Government Support for Offshoring
Our Jobs" campaign.

What do you think about this? Have we lost our focus? Or, would it best to
work with Bruce?

-nancy

Nancy Mulvany