[biztech-discussion] Re: New twist to pro-offshoring arguments

  • From: "Roberta Wilson" <bertaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <biztech-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 13:01:05 -0700

Knowing about "the other" in order to work with them, unionize with them,
etc., is worthwhile. To get to know "the other" in order to study them like
corporations study the competition is troubling. Asking ourselves--why do
other countries focus on educating their young people, while we focus on
empire building is a question worth asking. This article represents typical
capitalist propaganda anyway--they define the terms, and then we battle each
other to try to fit into their model: hard working, non-questioning, etc. I
worked 14 hours a day through my high-tech career. So, did thousands of my
co-workers. We worked hard. We worked smart. We worked creatively. We got a
piece of the pie, but we had to ignore our families and our communities and
our democracy. Look what it got us.

Roberta