[biztech-discussion] (Anti-) Offshoring Opportunities

  • From: Al Weinrub <Allen.Weinrub@xxxxxxx>
  • To: biztech-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 20:25:01 -0700

Dear Folks,

As I mentioned about a week ago, and in my previous
posting today, plans are moving forward to launch an
NWU anti-offshoring campaign.

This campaign provides new opportunities for you to
get involved in an issue that will surely impact
your professional writing life within the next
couple of years. It is an opportunity to work in
concert with your union colleagues to affect our
collective futures.

There are a number of ways you can get involved:

-- Help with web-related work, such as helping
convert the present biztech-offshoring website to a
new offshoring campaign website, or to help maintain
it once the campaign gets underway.

-- Administer this biztech-discussion email list
(this is a bit technical but requires almost no
work) or move it to a different host.

-- Monitor one or two organizations or websites
dealing with offshoring issues to alert the rest of
us to important news or information. By dividing up
this responsibility a little work can go a long way.
-- Manage the offshoring blog, especially by
updating it with information that would come from
the above item (this is not a technical job).

-- Organize a local NWU anti-offshoring group in
your chapter or state. We are not yet quite ready to
move forward on this, but it will be a crucial part
of any campaign.

Please write to Kenya at <hotline@xxxxxxx> for more
information of if you can help in any of these ways.
Some of these contributions might even help your resume.

Thank you for doing your part.

Al Weinrub (Bay Area)
1st VP NWU