[bitlug] minutes of the talk on saturday

  • From: Turuvanur Pavan-A20404 <pavan.tc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bitlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:11:25 +0530

Hi all,

Here are the minutes of the talk on Saturday (at BIT), 30th Oct 2004 :
(Orator : Pavan T C)

There a was general discussion on Operating Systems , Role of BIOS,
modern PC architecture, a mention of PCI, System Calls, A bit about the
VFS (Virtual File System), Architecture specific code in an OS and
a breeze through of Bootup sequence.

Towards the end, there was a small discussion on the design of a Shell.
We also had a discussion on the functioning of the shell, rc files,
internal and external commands, and similar features of a Shell.

Regards
Pavan

PS : Please add to this if I have missed out anything.