[bitlug] Re: march talk

  • From: Peeyush Prasad <peeyush@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bitlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:42:22 +0530 (IST)

see embedded
-- P

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, TC, PAVAN wrote:

> >   talk 1 : We come up with our own siff (simple image file=20
> > format), or use
> >            the .pgm (recommended)
> >          : We develop simple display functions
> >          : In the first talk, we demo file handling, and=20
> > essentially just
> >            read in some images and display them.
>
> fine, lets start taking up responsibilities. I can do the initial
> start up of the program. If deepak is good at GTK, he can take it
> up as well. As it is, i dont have too much of an expertise in=20
> handling images in GTK and it had turned out to be all noodles.
> dips, RFC.

Hey Hey... no I didn't mean GTK ... something very basic..
man pgm,ppm. processing images in this is pretty easy, no
prasad ?!;^)

> >  Each talk will be split into a prolouge, which will give a=20
> > brief intro to
> > the topic at hand, a main demo section, and an epilouge for=20
> > gotchas and
> > tips. QAs are throughout the talk time...
>
> neat. pep, all this needs a good prep. we should start straight off.
> you collect the jingbag. We'll review stuff this weekend. That'll=20
> give us another 2 weeks for the redesign/implement loop.
> =20
> > Other ideas: mandatorily ask a bittian to prepare and present a 30 min
> > talk on a related topic... (from talk 2), hold a small quiz=20
> > every session
>
> Ok, I can handle the quiz sessions, generally tech, will include
> some current affairs in IT. if anybody else interested, we're team.
> Atleast, i'll need one for sponsoring the chocolates ;) just to make=20
> it more interesting.

 I was just passing the quiz idea around, I am against it as of now... its
going to be too crowded... remember we have max 1.5 hrs

> >  1.  The pc in the new seminar hall is a win only pc, so if=20
> > someone has
> > access to a linux laptop....
> >  2. Publicity... Dips for the website and Rashmi for the=20
> > incollege ads..
> >  3. We also need some insiders helping us on this, anyone=20
> > know any juniors
> > who might be interested??
>
> arent there any juniors on bitlug?? If someone knows one, we'll
> put him on the list first. We'll need a linux box, laptop wont do.
> one, which we with. remember the way things went
> wrong with the g++ STL last time? We'll have RH 7.3 installed.
> And for publicity + volunteers, we can pickup a few the next time
> we go to college, well ahead of the talk.
> pep, you'll be going there to meet ashwath/HOD, i presume. Make=20
> some announcements regarding this in the classes/get it done.

 laptop is good as all our stuff will be on one m/c which belongs to *us*,
also, no  carrying bulky cabinets. Else, we make the seminar hall pc dual
boot.

> are we on?
what a question! of course!! ;^)
 --P