[bitlug] help on project

  • From: "firaz peer" <firaz_ap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bitlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 29 Nov 2004 18:05:23 -0000

hi everyone
  this is regarding our 8th sem project. we have been asked to develop an
application similar to microsoft's net-meeting. the difference is that this is
for educational purposes n shud be preferably on Linux. something like an
online classroom where the teacher and the student are interacting over the
internet. we are to develop an application which works on any browser. he has
asked us to give him a draft of how we propose to develop it. which format of
video(mpeg3,4,avi,.....)we can use so that we can achieve real time interaction
between the two. he did not mention if it is to be broadcasted to many or a
point 2 point interaction. but i'm guessing it is a broadcast since it is a
lecture. all i need to know is how we can go about doin it. since i dont have
much experience in programming i'm havin some startin problem. all kinds of
input are welcome.

  thanku