[bitlug] about the talk...

  • From: Pavan T C <ptc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bitlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:34:16 +0530 (IST)

Hi all...

i just finished the app. that we had planned for the talk... the searching tool

Features.....

1. the target text can be entered in a window

2. the search string in another window
(basic editing enabled : inserting the character and "backspacing" it)

3. the third window displays the status of the search, taking care of some
initial conditions (empty target string or search string)

The max length of the target and search can be altered

the key ESC clears the windows and makes it ready for another search

the key TAB cycles thro the windows and saturates the app after one search
(Nothing other than ESC and ENTER work after this)

the key ENTER exits the application

The talk might go on for just over an hour since i plan to have a few sample, on
the spot programs...

It will include the introduction into curses... basic functions, the key codes,
creation and deletion of windows... why use keypad and stuff like that...

A detailed explaination of what is happening in the APP... and thus a bit of the
"string" container class and the utils  it provides

Extra utilities like attributes, "creation of buttons", menus using windows...
etc will fit in if there is enough time....

I plan to take up the second half of the talk, after deepak and prasad...

RFC
reply ASAP
TC