[bitlug] Re: Create a new data section in C code?

  • From: Pavan T C <Pavan.Chandrashekar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bitlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:04:20 +0530

how do you create a new data section within C code? If I can do that, then I can specify a different address for this section and win fame,acclaim and glory.

No way, as far as I know, via C. You have to get back to the mapfile. The mapfile can be used to override definitions within C code. You can name the set of symbols you want to use under a different section with a meaningful tag, and put all these under a different section using the map file. I'll mail again if I come across another way to do it.

TC