[bitlug] Re: Call for Volunteers-BITLug

  • From: Harmeet Uppal <Harmeet_Uppal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TC, PAVAN" <pavan.t-c@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:08:56 +0530

Hi Pavan,
Well Lemme cut and paste as to what I write on my resume

Guardian 90 (D40 & GxxOS: Guardian and OSS on Compaq Himalaya NonStop
Server, HP-UX      10.2,11,Solaris 2.6 and 5.6(Sparc), AIX 4.3,Linux (Redhat
& Suse 6.4,7.0,7.1,7.2 (kernel 2.4.2-2)), Renix-5.1, Unix 3.2,Open VMS
5.5-2,6.1(VAX and Alpha), Windows 95/NT.

RTOS: VxWorks 5.4, Tornado 2.0 and BSP.

HP-OpenView, IBM Netview, Tivoli, BMC Patrol and Compaq Availability
Statistics And Performance (ASAP). Programming for Network Integration with
afore-mentioned Enterprise Management tools.

Tandem: C, Guardian and OSS API, SPI programming, IPC programming, BASE24
programming, Pathway and SNAX programming, EMS Programming and event
handling, Meascom programming, Network programming, SNMP sub agent writing,
TACL, TAL, SCF, DDL, SQLCI, EDIT, EMS/EMSA, FUP, MULTILAN, NETBATCH,
PATHWAY, DSM,PEEK, PUP, RDF, SAFEGUARD, SNAX, SCF, SPI, NCPCOM, PATHCOM,
MEASCOM SPOOLER, VIEWSYS, MEASURE, PERFMON, TACL, ACI NET24-XPNET,
BASE24-pos, BASE24 Device Handlers, the BASE24 files.

Unix: C, IPC programming, Linux Kernel programming, SNMP programming ,Unix
Internals, File Systems(VFS, RAM & ROM & DevFS on Linux), Buses (PCI, USB),
RPC programming, Network programming and threads(POSIX).

Database: Enscribe, Enform, NonStop SQL/MP and Oracle 7.3x

Protocols (Programming Experience): TCP/IP, SNMP, LAPB and 802.3, TAP &
Hayes for Modem communication.

Working Knowledge: C++, TCL/TK, VC++, Metering Protocol CEI IEC 62056 with
and without DLMS.

Well I just Love Linux and haven't been able to get myself to work for and
OS Company. But I love to acquire the knowledge as and when I can. I am from
BMS from telecom stream.

I think the discussion should be tailored to help individuals to understand
the concepts and assist them in clearing interviews too :).

Thanks and Regards,
Harmeet Uppal.