[bitlug] Re: Call for Volunteers-BITLug

  • From: "TC, PAVAN" <pavan.t-c@xxxxxx>
  • To: <bitlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 14:35:22 +0800

> I tried logging in to the address specified but haven't been=20
> able to. What
> are the topics that you gentlemen are gonna speak about? Is=20
> it gonna be
> language specific?

Hi harmeet,

This is pavan. I am  a proud member of BITLug :)=20
and currently working at HP.

The plan is to give a series of talks each one featuring
a main programming concept - mem mgmt, processes, file
handling, and the sorts. In the course of these talks,
there will be a lot of info on programming tools in linux,
good programming practices, quirks and tips and a lot of
fun :). From the topics, you can see that it is a talk
not only on programming, but a lot of OS concepts.

There is no bound on a programming language, as such.
A prior exposure to C will be helpful, though not necessary.

all this aside, it'll be nice if you can let us know about
yourself, since you are new to the list.

bye
TC