[bitlug] BITLug: 'Mem mgmt' Sat,24 Apr,1200pm,BIT

  • From: Peeyush Prasad <peeyush@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bitcompsci02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,<bit-bangalore_alumni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bitlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:27:16 +0530 (IST)

hi ppl,
 Sorry for the '1200 ams' in the last coupla mails... you see, I just
forward previously sent mails!
-- P
                     BITLug presents
                   'Memory management'

 Date : Saturday,17th April, 2004
 Time : 12:00 pm
 Duration: 1.5 hrs
 Venue: BIT Seminar Hall, Bangalore Institute of Technology
 Speakers: Pavan TC, Motorola (pavan_tc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
           Peeyush Prasad, Raman Research Institute (peeyush@xxxxxxxxxx)

Abstract :

 BITLug is BIT's first Linux Users group, and has already organised two
talks last year as part of its regular activities.
 We start off this year with a collection of talks which we call
                     'The OS Series'
The aim of this series is to familiarise the audience of the various
programming facilities offered by any modern OS. This is demonstrated by
building a sample application.
 The topics to be discussed include :
  File handling
  Memory Management
  Process management
  IPC
We present memory management fundamentals,with concentration on the gcc
way of doing things, and look into the stack and heap implementations.We
discuss various hazards and tricks of managing user memory, along with
some C quirks.
 For more details, log on to www.rri.res.in/~peeyush/bitlug/index.html, or
mail the speakers.Please circulate this notice to anybody interested.
 TIA
-- P