[birdky] same spot, different birds

  • From: Lyneart <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY Freelists <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 09:46:40 -0500

For more than a half hour, I stood at the same spot where I saw 4 warblers
yesterday and was about to give up when I got a glimpse of a female Redstart.
Stood there another fifteen minutes without seeing any other warbler or
re-finding the Redstart. Other birds at that spot today - 2 Mockingbirds,
several Cardinals, 1 Brown Thrasher, 2 Red-bellied Woodpeckers, a half dozen
Blue Jays, 1 female Blue Grosbeak, 1 female Summer Tanager.
    On the way back to the house I saw 2 Nighthawks hunting back and forth over
the meadow. This was 9:10 A.M. under a clear blue sky. Also saw the first
Meadowlarks I've seen all week long. I think Meadowlarks must hide out in
cloudy weather.
Frank Lyne
frank@xxxxxxxxxxx - near Dot in Logan County, KY