[birdky]

  • From: "Ritchison, Gary" <Gary.Ritchison@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 18:06:35 -0500

I receive this e-mail (below) today. = If anyone, particularly from the
Lexington area, can answer = David's
questions, let him know at = djwaltman@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks,
Gary Ritchison
*******************
Here's his message:
I will be visiting Lexington from = 5-12 February, and would appreciate a
little birding help from you. I = don't think I'll be getting any lifers
unless I find an American = Woodcock or a Black-billed Cuckoo, but I'm
working on my photographed = list. Since I'm a westerner with only a fairly
recent passion for bird = photography, I don't even have photos of many of
your common birds. So, = any help you might provide with the following would
be appreciated. I = have a KY DeLorme atlas, so any references you might
maketo local = roads, I should be able to find. I'll put these in priority
order, so if = you only have time to answer the first item, even that would
be = fine.
-Where's the best area(s) for Pileated Woodpecker within a day's drive = of
Lexington?
-Any good spots for Red-headed Woodpecker?
-Any recommended general birding hotspots within a day's drive of =
Lexington?
-Any locations of feeders I might be able to watch?
If there are any books on bird finding in KY, I'd be happy to buy one if = I
knew what to buy and where to get it.
Thanks much!
David Waltman
Boulder, CO