[birdky] birdky:Scissor-tailed Flycatcher

  • From: "Neil Eklund" <eklundn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "KOS CHAT" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 13:52:46 -0400

We decided to come back to Lexington from Blue Licks by the back roads. So we
left Carlisle on Rt. 13, and then headed south on Stringtown Road.  About 1
mile north of 537 (Cane Ridge Road) in Bourbon County we were shocked to see a
scissor-tailed flycatcher on the fence row.  We backed up (of course scaring it
backwards), but did get behind it and managed to watch it go into the field for
food and get one picture before it flew off further back into the field.  We
had a nice view of the rufous on the sides, thus distinguishing it from a
fork-tailed flycatcher which we saw in Vermont a couple years ago.  We can't
post the picture to KOS but will be happy to send it to any individual.