[birdky] Re: (birdky) Cave Run Lake area

  • From: "geraldrobe" <geraldrobe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mpm1250@xxxxxxxxx>, <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 20:27:59 -0400

The Hattchery's been pretty slow the last couple of weeks.

Most of the fish ponds and 1 of the big ponds are drained; lots of great
shorebird habitat, but only a few stragglers around (Pectoral and Semipalmated
Sandpipers mostly).

Some of the highlights I saw this weekend were:

Vesper Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrow
Pied-billed Grebe
Osprey
Palm Warbler
Northern Shoveler

I didn't stop and set up the spotting scope, but I didn't see anything on Cave
Run Lake when I drove by.