[birdky] bird rpt: golden-winged

  • From: "sk" <kistlers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 20:26:26 -0500

I was able to walk around the farm at dusk. Lots of warblers, actively
bouncing around the trees. It was hard to see them, plus the light
conditions were terrible. Of those I did catch up with, most were Tennessee
warblers and redstarts. I saw 1 chestnut-sided and added one golden-winged
warbler before it go too dark to ID any more.

Driving across the county today, I ran across two flocks of tree swallows
over farm ponds. Maybe 25 birds total. Also, one small flock of barn
swallows, 5 or 6 birds.

My shorebird ponds were too full for waders.

Steve Kistler

Hart Co