[birdky] You are invited to a grassland bird walk tomorrow!

  • From: "Tavia Cathcart" <tavia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <de_lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'BIRDKY Freelists'" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Ramesh Bhatt'" <bhattlex@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Steve Rice'" <Stevenerice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Jeanne Van Arsdale'" <jeenvan@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Jacqueline Van Willigen'" <jvanwilligen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Jim Williams'" <james.williams3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 13:24:59 -0400

Hi All,
I hope this is an appropriate posting for this terrific list. Please know
that you are invited to join us for a free program at Creasey Mahan Nature
Preserve in Goshen, KY tomorrow from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Our Grassland
Bird Saturday will feature experts - Horace Brown and Portia Brown
(unrelated) - to join me in talking about native grassland birds and how to
create appropriate habitat.

We'll start inside with a slide show and then take a meandering bird walk
around a meadow. This program is being offered in partnership with the
Louisville Audubon Society and will be featuring information about a recent
award by National Audubon Society and Toyota - The Together Green Innovation
Award - which is helping the Preserve convert acreage to native grasslands.

For more details, please visit www.KYNaturePreserve.org.

Thank you and I hope to see you tomorrow,
Tavia

Tavia P. Cathcart
Executive Director
Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve
12501 Harmony Landing Road
Goshen, KY 40026
Office (502) 228-4362
Mobile (502) 523-9005
E-mail Tavia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:taviac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
WEB SITE www.KYNaturePreserve.org <www.creaseymahannaturepreserve.org>

Native Grassland Birds! Open House Saturday
July 16, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., FREE (Donations encouraged)
Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve in partnership with Louisville Audubon
Society, is restoring 12 acres of native grasslands!  We want to bring back
the Meadowlark and other birds who depend on grasslands for their home.
We'll take a walk, bird watch, and learn about native grasses and flowers
with local experts.  There will be special crafts for the kids too!
Bringing Nature and Community Together

Creasey Mahan Nature Preserve is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. All
donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law.