[birdky] Woodcock

  • From: Evelyn Morgan <one4est@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bird KY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:10:30 -0700 (PDT)

Tonight as I was coming from my Dad's at about 8:45 p.m along Open Fork Road.
I saw something fly in front of my vehicle.  Since I went deer hunting with my
vechicle this morning (deer won, truck lost), I guess I was paying more
attention than usual.   I stopped and watch a bird fly low along the side of
the road and land on the edge of the blacktop.   I pulled up really slow, with
my binos got a good look and it was a young woodcock.  It still had some downy
looking feathers.  Who says you can't bird watch at night with headlights...I
was a really nice ending to a really bad day.

  Evelyn Morgan
  Elliott County