[birdky] Wild Turkeys

  • From: "lyneart" <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 07:23:08 -0500

I was walking home  through neighbor Warren's woods yesterday afternoon on the
way back from the creek after seeing some Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, a Kingfisher
and a Barred Owl and photographing some Bluets. All of a sudden I heard a sound
like someone dragging a tin can down a gravel road. It was a Wild Turkey and it
was flying straight towards me. It passed 15 or 20 feet over my head. A second
turkey was running along behind it. It veered off to my right and also took
flight, bumping into tree branches with its wing tips. Then Pepper came
scampering up over the hill from the same direction. The little thought balloon
over her head said, as always, "I would'a bit em."
Frank Lyne frank@xxxxxxxxxxx near Dot in Logan County