[birdky] Whooping crane

  • From: linda craiger <lindacraiger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 19:28:21 +0000

Jamie Avery, Activities Program, in charge of the Sandhill Crane Weekend at
Barren River State Park this past weekend, told me today that when she took
folks out Saturday afternoon (2/18) they found a Whooping crane in among the
Sandhill cranes.  She said they could not see bands on the legs.  She thinks
someone got a photo, but she personally did not have a photo.  Of course, when
we looked in a few fields this morning, we could not even find Sandhill cranes
:)    She is going to put it in the GBBC for Saturday.
 Linda Craiger / Glasgow