[birdky] Visitors to the Bird Feeder

  • From: "Bryant, Rhonda" <rbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 07:45:05 -0500

Earlier I had posted about odd dropping or pellets left at the bird
feeder. Possums and squirrels had been offered as culprits, but I had
never seen anything but birds. Last Friday Rhonda had the day off and
was awarded with visitations from two separate skunks which made their
way to the feeder. This morning (still dark) I went to fill the feeder
before heading to work. I thought I could see movement so I turned the
flashlight on. A skunk was munching away. The bad news is the escape
plan was under the deck; no doubt living in the groundhog hole. I have
more wildlife in my backyard.
This is not absolute indication that they are creating the pellets of
sunflower hull. My sister has had skunks too, so I need to see if the
same remains remain there.

A trip to Paintsville Lake on Saturday, prior to probably Paintsville's
first ever Mardi Gras party, included sightings of at least 3
Red-shouldered, 2 Red-tailed, and 1 Cooper's Hawk, and 1 Winter Wren. No
Mute Swans were observed. A male Northern Harrier was seen in the
Winchester area on Sunday's return.
Scott
Lexington, KY

Rhonda Bryant