[birdky] Todd County Red-tailed Hawks

  • From: "Lyneart" <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 17:24:59 -0600

I finally got Dave Roemer to come over to my part of town to go see &
photograph the partial albino Red-tailed Hawk in southern Todd County. We
located it and got some photos. For a while it was perched near another adult
hawk which we presumed to be its mate. The land owner says its been on the
place for something like 11 years and is often seen with its mate. We also saw
both an adult and a juvenile B. j. calurus on the same farm and got photos of
the adult.
Frank Lyne frank@xxxxxxxxxxx near Dot in Logan County