[birdky] Re: Thoughts on Sandhill Crane Hunting issue

  • From: Christine Corbly <ccorbly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SMarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 14:25:08 -0400

Whooping cranes have already been lost due to hunting see the article below

"A 7-year-old whooping crane known to be the only successful breeding female
from the eastern migratory population was recently shot and killed in
western Indiana <http://www.mnn.com/local-reports/indiana>, near the town of
Cayuga in central Vermillion County."

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/wilderness-resources/stories/last-successful-breeding-whooping-crane-shot-and-killed

http://animaltourism.com/news/2010/08/30/whooping_crane