[birdky] Sloughs Saturday

  • From: Charles Crawford <cr4d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 22:26:18 -0600

Feb. 3, 2007

8:30am to 1pm
Clear, Temp. in the 20s, with strong winds gusting into the 30s

Frozen waters, diminishing remains of Wednesday 1 inch snowfall still around.

Highlights:

East of Sloughs 1 adult Bald Eagle perched adjacent to Sloughs property.

Wood Tract: Small area of open water at the far end on Wood Tract.
4 Tundra Swans, Canada geese, 1 Shoveler in flyover. Other waterfowl too far away to ID.

Anderson Pond: Frozen over. 2 Adult Bald Eagles perched together at the far end of Anderson Pond.

Crenshaw Tract: Brown Creeper, Fox Sparrows 5, Downy Woodpecker, Cooper's Hawk flew ahead of me down the road.
Eastern Bluebirds: 10.

268 Slough frozen over.

The Ohio River is back down to normal winter levels allowing access to western Henderson Co.

Horseshoe Road has frozen water over it so I didn't visit that area.

Grassy Pond some open water but no waterfowl.

Cape Hills: I visited there to get out of the wind.
Immature Bald Eagle in flyover.

Charlie
Henderson Co.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * BIRDKY List Manager: Gary Ritchison, Richmond, KY