[birdky] Schochoh, Logan Co., weekend list, plus some...

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'BIRDKY Freelists'" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 21:05:13 -0500

We counted 41 species (listed below) at home this weekend, not including an
Epidonax flycatcher (I have no idea.), what I think was probably a female
Black-poll warbler and a Cedar Waxwing that did not sit long enough in the
top of the oak for me to be sure.  The highlights were male RB Grosbeaks
feeding next to male Indigo Buntings at the feeder, a Dickcissel and Blue
Grosbeaks singing in the trees.  We took a quick trip this afternoon to
count wading birds in a large transient pool, along route 664, just east of
the intersection with route 765 (Conn Road).   It was loaded with waders -
we saw:  Lesser Yellowlegs (49), Greater Yellowlegs (3), Least Sandpiper
(3), Dunlin (16), Killdeer (6), Short-billed Dowitcher (2).

American Goldfinch

American Kestrel

American Robin

Baltimore Oriole

Barn Swallow

Black Vulture

Blue Grosbeak

Blue Jay

Brown Thrasher

Brown-headed Cowbird

Canada Goose

Carolina Chickadee

Carolina Wren

Chipping Sparrow

Common Grackle

Common Starling

Dickcissel

Downy Woodpecker

Eastern Bluebird

Eastern Kingbird

Eastern Meadowlark

Field Sparrow

House Finch

House Sparrow

Indigo Bunting

Mourning Dove

Northern Bobwhite

Northern Cardinal

Northern Flicker

Northern Mockingbird

Red-bellied Woodpecker

Red-tailed Hawk

Red-winged Blackbird

Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Ruby-throated Hummingbird

Song Sparrow

Tree Swallow

Tufted Titmouse

Turkey Vulture

White-breasted Nuthatch

White-crowned Sparrow

Stephen Tyson, Adairville (Schochoh), Logan Co., KY