[birdky] Schochoh, Logan Co., weekend list

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 19:41:55 -0600

We counted for the GBYBC for three days this weekend and ended with 34
species.  I included the high counts below.  The highlight were the Merlin
late Friday and 14 Dark-eyed Juncos this morning, which is by far our high
count for Juncos here.  We missed White-breasted Nuthatches, Bobwhites and
Bluebirds entirely.   I posted a photo on Flickr (link below) this evening
of a Chickadee in the bush garden that actually sat long enough for me to
set up the scope, because it was watching the nearby Shrike.  It's not a
great photo, but struck me as extraordinary that it sat still so long.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/91780057@N05/15922995383/

Stephen Tyson, Schochoh, Logan Co., KY

Species Name

Turkey Vulture  6