[birdky] Schochoh, Logan Co., weekend list

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 19:52:32 -0500

We counted 42 species this weekend, including 5 warblers.  The
Yellow-throated and a Magnolia spent time in the plants on the deck
yesterday.  I spotted a Harrier over the soybean fields this afternoon.  I
saw one recently about two miles from here, but this was the first we've
seen, here at the house, since spring.  We had four Bluebirds around all
weekend and our on-again-off-again Blue Grosbeaks (two, maybe three) were
here all day today.  Our Song Sparrows are completely missing (?) and the
skies were completely clear of Nighthawks, for the first time in weeks.

Stephen Tyson, Schochoh, Logan Co., KY

Species Name:

Northern Bobwhite

Turkey Vulture