[birdky] Re: SANDHILLS

  • From: Brian Stern <brians99@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bird line <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 22:40:35 -0500

Tufted titmouse? I guess you've never heard a winter wren sing. Blue-winged warbler. Even Black-throated-green Warbler or Baltimore Oriole.

On Nov 26, 2008, at 3:36 PM, Marsh, Scott wrote:

Saw approximately 25 Sandhill Cranes at 1:40 PM today just east of Leitchfield on Western KY Parkway; just west of mile marker 118. I would have loved to have heard them but they were too far to the north. They have to be in the top five bird sounds for me. Name your top five you say. Can’t say as I have before, but let’s add Barred Owl, Bobolink, Common Grackles on a clear fall day, and Tufted Titmouse on a hot summer’s afternoon.

Scott
Lexington, ky