[birdky] Rpt: Jacobson Park, Berea Woods, Owsley Fork Res.

  • From: David Lang <de_lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ASK Freelists <ask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, BIRDKY Freelists <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 09:06:52 -0700 (PDT)

ASK had their walk out at Berea Woods this last Saturday. We started out at
Jacobson Park with a flyover Black-cr Night-Heron in addition to the ususal
suspects. We then headed down to Berea Woods where we had some Broad-wings, a
couple of vireo species and 7 warbler species. a couple in the group saw a
Peregrine. Some of us finished off the day at Owsley Fork Reservoir. Had 44
species overall for the day.
David Lang
Scott County

Jacobson Park, Fayette, US-KY
Sep 24, 2011 7:45 AM - 8:15 AM
Protocol: Traveling
0.1 mile(s)
Comments: David Lang, Jacki VanWilligen, Lou Shain, Charles Tremoulet, George
Weams, Judy Lindquist, Katie Clark, Mark Tower, John Scott, John Allen
13 species

Canada Goose 60
Double-crested Cormorant 1
Great Blue Heron 2
Black-crowned Night-Heron 1
Mourning Dove 2
Belted Kingfisher 2
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Downy Woodpecker 1
Carolina Chickadee 2
American Robin 10
Magnolia Warbler 1
Northern Cardinal 2
Common Grackle 2

Berea Woods, Madison, US-KY
Sep 24, 2011 8:55 AM - 12:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
Comments: David Lang, Jacki VanWilligen, Lou Shain, Charles Tremoulet, George
Weams, Judy Lindquist, Katie Clark, Mark Tower, John Scott, John Allen, Jim
Hodge, Gretchen Bolton
31 species

Turkey Vulture 4
Cooper's Hawk 1
Broad-winged Hawk 2
Peregrine Falcon 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 4
Downy Woodpecker 4
Pileated Woodpecker 1 Heard
Eastern Wood-Pewee 3
White-eyed Vireo 1
Red-eyed Vireo 4
Blue Jay 15
American Crow 6
Carolina Chickadee 15
Tufted Titmouse 10
White-breasted Nuthatch 7
Carolina Wren 10
Swainson's Thrush 1
American Robin X
Gray Catbird 1
Brown Thrasher 1
Black-and-white Warbler 1
Hooded Warbler 1
American Redstart 1
Magnolia Warbler 1
Bay-breasted Warbler 2
Chestnut-sided Warbler 2
Black-throated Green Warbler 2
Eastern Towhee 1
Chipping Sparrow 1
Northern Cardinal 5
American Goldfinch 3

Owsley Fork Reservoir, Jackson, US-KY
Sep 24, 2011 12:45 PM - 1:10 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.2 mile(s)
Comments: David Lang, John Scott, John Allen
11 species

Mallard 8
Great Blue Heron 1
Red-shouldered Hawk 1 /h