[birdky] R-b Grosbeaks

  • From: kwcoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:02:39 -0400 (EDT)

We have one female Rose-breasted Grosbeak at our feeder today. A friend who
lives not far from me called to say that she's had a young male R-b Grosbeak on
her feeder off and on all day.

Otherwise, our yard is suddenly--as of yesterday--sporadically full of little
mixed flocks of warblers, many in very lovely plumage, so I can even identify
most of them. Here's what I've pegged so far:

Magnolia
Blackburnian
Northern Parula (lots)
Common Yellowthroat
Black-throated Blue
Swainson's (possible--not completely sure)
Tennessee
American Redstart
Black-and-White
Yellow-throated

Cheers,

Kathy Cohen
Panorama Shores, Calloway Co., near Murray
kwcoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx