[birdky] Re: Raccoons - to Grackles - to Sandhill cranes

  • From: DAWester2@xxxxxxx
  • To: thefarsidefarm@xxxxxxxxx, birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 20:25:45 -0400 (EDT)

You all could get a dog preferably a hound that will keep the raccoons out.
 I have a Blue X Alaska Malamute and I have no raccoon problems at my
feeders. He  very gentle with the birds and  flying squirrels.
He  is intolerant of possums and raccoons in our area. We do live in  the
country.
Doris in Jessamine County

In a message dated 6/16/2011 9:04:36 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
thefarsidefarm@xxxxxxxxx writes:

You folks with the wildlife problems might consider  inviting some of the
state's "sportsmen" to come dispatch your unwanted  wildlife.  I'm sure there
are many in your localities who would be all to  happy to do so.  Thinking
that "varmints" may be dispatched year round -  but don't quote me on that.
(and people, I do not sincerely advocate  this approach)

YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THIS  (and I do advocate  these approaches) -
Sandhill crane hunting season reg before  legislative Admin Reg Review
Subcom - 7/12 -
(KY Coalition for Sandhill  Cranes for info) -
http://kyc4sandhillcranes.wordpress.com/

Sandhill crane hunting  season  public HEARING at KDFWR office bldg 7/21
(at 9:00  a.m. in Frankfort - please try to attend if at all  possible)

Sandhill crane hunting season statutory public comment  period 7/1 ~ 8/1
(write letters during this period to KDFWR, Comm's Off,  Game Farm - US 60,
Frankfort 40601)

Letters to editors could  help the cranes by enlisting greater public
support - find all the  state's newspapers at this KY Press Assoc site -
http://www.kypress.com/front/index.php

Thank  you.

Ceci Mitchell
The Far Side Farm